Feel God´s Holy word, stay close to Jesus and enjoy the inspirational verses the Darby Bible has for you.
Take it with you in your Android and read it anytime you want, even offline.
Benefits of the app:
- User-friendly and efficient interface
- Offline Bible version: (The application works without an internet connection)
- Audio Bible: Listen to the Holy word
- Browse easily all the books, chapters and verses
- Search by keyword: (It is easier to find your favorite verse)
- Set the font size for a comfortable read.
- Bookmark your favorite verses
- Make a list of Favorites (A long press over a verse will add it to favorites)
- Copy, paste and share verses
- Remember the last book you read when reopening the app
The Darby Bible refers to the Bible translated from Hebrew and Greek by John Nelson Darby.
The English version was first published in 1890. Darby also published translations of the Bible into French and German.
In his introduction to the German version of 1890, he wrote: “In the edition of this translation, the purpose is not to offer a scholarship to learned man, but to provide a translation as accurate as possible to the simple reader who lacks studies.”
In the Old Testament Darby translates the name of God as “Jehovah” instead of using “LORD” or “GOD” as in most English translations.
Other Bible translations have followed this model, including the American Standard Version (1901) and the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures of the Jehovah’s Witnesses (1950).
For some New Testament verses, Darby has detailed footnotes that make references to his text-critical comparisons.
Study, read it and carry with you the Holy Bible any time.
Download it now FREE from Google Play Store and follows God´s Word. You´ll love it!
You will find the complete list of biblical books:
The Old Testament is composed of 39 books: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi.
The New Testament is composed of 27 books: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, Corinthians 1 and 2, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation.